- L’OCCITANE LAUNCHES TWO NEW FRAGRANCES FROM LA COLLECTION DE GRASSEPosted 2 days ago
- DAZZLE THE PARTY WITH JADEPosted 3 days ago
- TIMEX LAUNCHES NEW RANGE OF EXPEDITION WATCHESPosted 3 days ago
- “NOTANDAS JEWELLERS” UNVEIL ITS ELEGANT EMERALD JEWELLERY COLLECTIONPosted 4 days ago
- SOOTHE CHAPPED HANDS & SOLES!Posted 7 days ago
- LET YOUR HAIR LOOK BEAUTIFULPosted 7 days ago
- FOREST ESSENTIALS INTRODUCES A NEW LINE OF EXQUISITE COLOGNESPosted 7 days ago
- GALACTIC 36 AUTOMATIC: A BREITLING JUST FOR WOMENPosted 7 days ago
- TOMMY HILFIGER LAUNCHES LATEST FALL 2013 COLLECTIONPosted 9 days ago
- EXCLUSIVELY.IN PRESENTED RUNWAY SHOW BY ICONIC DESIGNER MANISH ARORA FOR THE LAUNCH OF WWW.MANISHARORA.COMPosted 14 days ago
AN ECLECTIC SELECTION OF WORLD-CLASS FOOD, CHEFS, DRINKS & RESTAURANTS
The global food festival, Taste of Mumbai, in partnership with American Express, wooed foodies at its Mumbai premiere between 22nd and 24th March 2013. The city-based food and drink festival was launched on 22nd March 2013 in the presence of Stephen Flintwood, Sr VP and MD, IMG; Shailesh Baidwan, Country Manager and Head, Consumer Cards business, American Express India; Rachna Sharma, Karen Anand, Babso Kanwar (ASK for food).
“Taste Festivals have been a huge success worldwide and we were pleased to introduce Taste along with our partners American Express for the very first time to Mumbai. The response to the festival has been outstanding on all 3 days and Taste will be an annual feature in Mumbai and other cities in India. ” said Stephen Flintwood , Sr. Vice President & MD, IMG.
A diverse range of renowned chefs and prestigious restaurants thrilled the audience with live demonstrations, gourmet dish offerings and a one-of-a-kind Farmers’ Market. A live band added to the ambience and raised the crowd’s spirits.
Masterchef New Zealand 2011 winner Nadia Lim treated an enthusiastic audience to live demonstrations of her best dishes at the Fisher Paykel Taste Theatre. Chef Jehangir Mehta from New York, Chef Vivek Singh from London, South Africa’s Chris Erasmus and Ivan Musconi from Abu Dhabi along with India’s top chefs conducted exclusive Masterclasses over the three days for lucky audiences.
Taste Festivals have set a new benchmark for food and drink events worldwide. In 2012, there were 16 Taste Festivals across the world all based on the flagship event, Taste of London which has been recognized by TIME magazine as one of the world’s greatest food festival. Besides London, Taste Festivals excite, inspire and indulge over 300,000 passionate foodies across Amsterdam, Sydney, Melbourne, Milan, Dubai, Cape Town and more.
After a splendid success in Mumbai, ASK for food plans on taking the Taste festival to other cities in India while making it an annual feature in Mumbai.
The gourmet festival featured top restaurants:
Arola, JW Marriott • Aurus • Caperberry, Bangalore • China House, Grand Hyatt • Fire, The Park, Delhi • Graffiti, New York • Impresario Handmade Restaurants • Jamavar, The Leela • Kofuku • Koh, InterContinental • Olive Bar & Kitchen • Prego, The Westin
Top International and Indian Chefs included:
Abhijit Saha • Ajay Chopra • Bill Marchetti • Gresham Fernandes • Manu Chandra • Manuel Oliveira • Pooja Dhingra • Rajesh Radhakrishnan • Ritu Dalmia • Saby Gorai • Shailendra
Kekade • Vicky Ratnani • Viraf Patel
International Chefs: Chris Erasmus, South Africa • Ivan Musoni, Abu Dhabi • Nadia Lim, New Zealand (MasterChef Winner 2011) • Jehangir Mehta, New York • Vivek Singh, London