- PARIS HILTON SPOTTED IN FALGUNI & SHANE PEACOCK @ CANNESPosted 3 hours ago
- BLLIIS BY RAVISSANT OFFERS SUMMER SPA PACKAGES WITH 15% DISCOUNT ON BODY MASSAGESPosted 4 hours ago
- LOTUS HERBALS INTRODUCES SAFE SUN ANTI-AGEING ANTI-TAN ULTRA SUNBLOCK SPF 100+PA++Posted 7 hours ago
- NEW BEBE SUMMER 2013 – EAST MEETS WESTPosted 1 day ago
- SEASONAL STITCHES FROM 109°FPosted 1 day ago
- HIDESIGN LAUNCHES 2013 ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNPosted 2 days ago
- “BURST INTO COLOUR” THIS SUMMER WITH THE DKNY TIMEPIECESPosted 2 days ago
- CHEEMO UNVEILS EXOTIC VIBRANT HANDBAGS RANGEPosted 3 days ago
- AMARIS JEWELS BY PRERNA RAJPAL LAUNCHES AN EXQUISITE RANGE OF COCKTAIL EARRINGSPosted 3 days ago
- TANYA ROSSI’S ‘SILLY IS SEXY’ COLLECTIONPosted 3 days ago
“I AM A FOODIE AND LIKE TO TRY OUT ALL SORTS OF FOOD”
Rohit Roy is an Indian television star known for his roles in Hindi TV serials and Bollywood movies. He tells us about his love for food, his favourite food destinations and more.
Q. Candle light or Buffet?
Q. Is food more important or the ambience of the restaurant?
Food, Food & Food!
Q. What are the most interesting and irritating parts of eating out?
I do not enjoy loud noise from the next table. I thoroughly enjoy a conversation and a 3 course meal with my wife Mansi.
Q. The sexiest foodie on your contact list?
Q. What’s that one habit of waiters that annoy you?
Over enthusiastic service.
Q. Credit card or cash – what’s your favorite mode of payment?
Depends, but usually Credit card.
Q. Do you think salads are exaggerated?
Not at all
Q. Your favorite cuisine and dish? And the cuisine you just can’t stand?
World cuisine, I am a foodie and like to try out all sorts of food. I love my mother’s Egg curry and Rice and just can’t stand American food.
Q. Dessert section at eateries has become richer. Do you ever feel like starting with a dessert and then graduating to starters and main course?
I always feel like starting with a dessert. Usually while Mansi is busy looking at the menu, Kiara (my daughter) and I already decide what we would order for dessert.
Q. Can you ever be spotted cooking? If yes, what?
Yes…In a film or a television show.
Q. Do you believe in crash diets?
No I don’t believe and neither do I recommend.
Q. The foodies in your circle? Names…
Sudhanshu Pandey and Sameer Soni.
Q. Your favorite dish as a child?
Mutton and Paranthas.
Q. Are you finicky about what’s served to you?
Yes I like my food to look good to start with. I have recently turned vegetarian by choice.
Q. What’s one food you cannot live without?
Palak Paneer and Yellow dal.
Q. What is the best meal you have ever had in your life and where?
Shepherd’s pie at a small town near Edinburgh, Scotland. Loved it with Scottish Ale.
I like the 16 year old Lagavulin which is an Islay single malt Scotch whisky produced at Lagavulin on the island of Islay, United Kingdom. The whisky has a powerful, peat-smoke aroma, and is quite potent.
Soft drinks…hmmm I am ok with Diet coke.
Q. Do you have a sweet tooth? Which is your favorite dessert?
Yes, blueberry cheese cake either steamed or baked
Q. Which would be your favorite food destination?
Has to be France as the food is great and the portions are small so one can’t put on weight either.