- TOMMY HILFIGER & JONATHAN NEWHOUSE DINNER TO CELEBRATE LONDON COLLECTIONS: MENPosted 14 hours ago
- COBBLERZ LATEST COLLECTIONPosted 3 days ago
- JACQUELINE FERNANDEZ @ SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, MUMBAIPosted 6 days ago
- DAPPER SUMMER SUITS FROM FENDI KIDS @ LES PETITSPosted 6 days ago
- FATHER’S DAY COLLECTION @ TOMMY HILFIGERPosted 7 days ago
- NEON COLLECTION BY DESIGNER ANURADHA RAMAMPosted 8 days ago
- FIGHT MONSOON SKIN PROBLEMS WITH AYURVEDIC DETOX MASSAGE @ ARISTO SPAPosted 9 days ago
- ILEANA DCRUZ LAUNCHED CLEAR ANTI DANDRUFF SHAMPOOSPosted 10 days ago
- ENTICE PRESENTS FLORAL JEWELLERY COLLECTIONPosted 14 days ago
- TALLBIRD™ EMU LAUNCHES INDIA’S FIRST EVER REFINED EMU OILPosted 16 days ago
Posted By Shagun Tomar on 2010-10-07 06:46:49
A run of the mill name for kids, chocolates can also be a luxurious indulgence for adults. For centuries this derivative from the Theobroma cacao tree has been everyone’s desired sweet tooth sedative. It’s time we pay due reverence to this delicacy and place it next to the likes of Clos Du Mesnil and Château d’Yquem. Here dig your teeth in some of the most luxurious chocolates which will leave you longing for more.
1. Chocopologie by Knipschildt: La Madeline au Truffle, which also happens to the most expensive chocolate in the world is made of a rare French Perigord truffle wrapped in a delicious blend of dark chocolate, heavy cream, sugar, truffle oil and vanilla, further draped in Valrhona dark chocolate and rolled into cocoa powder.
Price: Rs 120,786 per pound
2. The Vintages Collection by Noka: Relish fine tasting dark chocolate, which is a blend of cocoa from the finest cacao regions in the world such as Venezuela, Ecuador, Trinidad and Côte d’Ivoire. As you take the first bite, you can feel the texture and aroma, which is as fine as wine.
Price: Rs 39695 per pound
3. Delafee: This is what we call true luxury. Blend of the finest Swiss chocolate and edible Gold, these pralines give a rounded taste and aroma for complete satisfaction. Made from Grand Cru chocolate from Ecuador, this chocolate shines with the glimmering flakes of fine gold. It makes the perfect gift signifying success and splendour.
Price: Rs 23,632 per pound
Web site: www.delafee.com
4. Godiva ‘G’ Collection: We all know about deliciousBelgium chocolates and when luxury touches them they become a part of Godiva’s ‘G’ collection. It is a mouth watering assortment of different flavours such as Palet d’Or, Tasmanian Honey and Mexican Hot Chocolate with each chocolate comprising of premium cocoa bean according to its type.
Price: Rs 5582 per pound.
Web site: www.godiva.com
5. Richart: A product of Lyons, France, they produce chocolates by using the finest ingredients.
These chocolates are not only feast to the taste buds, but also to the eyes. They are made from 70% Criollo cocoa from Venezuela and come in different aromas such as balsamic, citrus, roasted, herbal, fruity and spiced.
Price: Rs 5582 per pound
Web site: www.richart-chocolates.com
6. Pierre Marcolini: This man from Brussels aims at offering something very close to perfection and that’s what he does through his enticing chocolates. His truffles are made with the finest cacao beans with varying ingredients such as nuts and caramel. Imagine liquid caramel flavoured with Tonka beans wrapped in a blend of Ecuador and Ghana chocolate or a soft milk chocolate with a hint of rose water.
Price: Rs 4767
Web site: www.marcolini.be
7. Debauve & Gallias: If you detest chocolates for their sugar content, then these are just for you. Debauve & Gallais are known for their tradition of making chocolates that are low in sugar and fine in taste. Devoted to maintaining healthy standards, they do not use any type of emulsifier, dyes, preservatives and additives in their products.
Price: Rs 4370 per pound
8. Chuao: Named after the Chuao region of Venezuela, this chocolatier uses European techniques to make traditional Venezuelan chocolates. All their handmade chocolates are prepared using only fresh ingredients and absolutely no preservatives.
Price: Rs 3674
Web site: www.chuaochocolatier.com
9. Bruijn: The Company from Dubai is known for blending chocolate with the finest fruits and nuts from all over the world. For instance, golden cashews from India, Californian almonds from America and exclusive raisins from Iran besides the rest. If you are looking for something more exotic, then bite into their ‘Goud: The Bullion Collection’ and ‘Zilver: The Silver Collection. What more it’s soon opening in Delhi!
Price: On request
Web site: www.bruijnnc.com
10. Sofia Raj: An Indian product, Sofia Raj is dedicated to producing some of the best chocolates in the country. The chocolates are not only multi-layered, but also organic, fresh, preservative-free, lacto-vegetarian and or vegan if the customer requires. They have a special varieties of freh fruit chocolates such as strawberries, blueberry, mango, orange and many more.
Price: Rs 4000 per Kg
Web site: www.sofiaraj.com
Last Updated on 2010-10-07 06:46:49