- PARIS HILTON SPOTTED IN FALGUNI & SHANE PEACOCK @ CANNESPosted 1 day ago
- BLLIIS BY RAVISSANT OFFERS SUMMER SPA PACKAGES WITH 15% DISCOUNT ON BODY MASSAGESPosted 2 days ago
- LOTUS HERBALS INTRODUCES SAFE SUN ANTI-AGEING ANTI-TAN ULTRA SUNBLOCK SPF 100+PA++Posted 2 days ago
- NEW BEBE SUMMER 2013 – EAST MEETS WESTPosted 3 days ago
- SEASONAL STITCHES FROM 109°FPosted 3 days ago
- HIDESIGN LAUNCHES 2013 ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNPosted 3 days ago
- “BURST INTO COLOUR” THIS SUMMER WITH THE DKNY TIMEPIECESPosted 4 days ago
- CHEEMO UNVEILS EXOTIC VIBRANT HANDBAGS RANGEPosted 5 days ago
- AMARIS JEWELS BY PRERNA RAJPAL LAUNCHES AN EXQUISITE RANGE OF COCKTAIL EARRINGSPosted 5 days ago
- TANYA ROSSI’S ‘SILLY IS SEXY’ COLLECTIONPosted 5 days ago
FRENCH ONION SOUP
Posted By Shruti Sharma on 2010-09-06 07:39:22
1 cup thinly sliced onions
5 tbsp grated processed cheese (preferably cooking cheese)
2 bread slices
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste
1. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onionson a very slow flame until brown in colour.
2. Add 5 cups of water, 3 tbsp of the grated cheese , and salt abd boil for a few minutes.
3. Toast the bread slices in an oven at 150°C (300°F) or in a toaster till golden brown.
4. Butter lightly and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces.
5. Pour the soup into individual soup bowls, put a piece of toast in each bowl and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the toast.
6. Place below a hot grill, approximately 200°C (400°F) for a few minutes until the cheese starts sizzling.
7. Serve hot.
Last Updated on 2010-09-07 12:47:51